After about 4-5 slow weeks, the truck is back!
Carb rebuilt and it finally runs! At least, I drove it to the gas station and back.
Not entirely sure what the issue was but I took of the air horn and got the needle seat slightly tighter, the idle cut solenoid didn’t have a o ring on the end that supposed should have been there this whole time, and I messed around with the idle air mix and idle speed screw. Somehow got it running after that.
It was idling generally fine and I backed it out, slipped on the ice a bit and it stalled going forward. Wouldn’t restart but I went and tweaked the idle speed screw a little and it fired back up.
Drove down the street a bit where it seemed fine but then wanted to die again while turning around but I have it some gusto and we made it back. Some more tweaking and I took off for the gas station.
Started off fine but at some point it started to barely take any throttle input and sputtering. I was also super low on gas that had been sitting a while so possibly the culprit there.
Gassed up, continued to tinker a bit with screws and headed back. Pulled strong but there is a bit of hesitation on initial acceleration. Not really sure what’s going on there.
We will see what happens tomorrow when I try to drive it to work for a bigger shakedown. I truly was just in here turning screws hoping for the best with little idea if any of it was helping or which way to even turn the screw. Carb tuning is some sort of witchcraft so I’ll be making some sacrifices at the pentagram tonight