So my transmission guy came through when it counted, I was able to pick up my freshly built transmission Friday afternoon.
That means I got up around 8 Saturday morning and got cracking. After a parts run to get new alignment dowels and a replacement axle, I set to getting it installed. After a break for lunch at 11 after realizing I never ate before I started, I added the fluid. Once I had 5 qts in, I started it to add the remaining fluid.
With the fluid at a safe level, I checked everything over for leaks, and ran it through the gears a few times.
Of course no project would be complete without an unexpected failure.
This came in the form of the van dying without warning while letting everything warm up. Upon which it developed a "no spark" condition.
This was quickly sorted by another parts run for a crank sensor, as we found broken wires in mine which caused the issue, but I had to wait 2 hours for it to arrive, so I finished up the driver's door jamb while I waited
With that sorted, the wheels went back on and she went down the road for the first time in over a month.
Took the TCM a minute to figure things out, but all seems well.
So with that sorted, I set back into my body work for a couple hours. Got almost everything sanded smooth and a little more spotting done
Finally went in and cleaned up around 4 so we could go chill with friends for the night.
Now she's back on daily duty, taking me to work this morning without a hiccup