Rules and Guidelines for Vendor Sales
MM54 last edited by MM54
FOR SALE GUIDELINES – Vendor Sales - "Shoppo"
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS - VENDOR-SELLERS ONLY
• This sub-forum is for vendor-sellers only.
• You are a vendor if what you are looking to sell is being sold by your own storefront. For member-to-member sales, use Swappo.
• New posts in Shoppo must be approved by the @Curators; discussion within existing posts is open to all members. This is to prevent confusion or clutter as well as to ensure that all posts are appropriate for the page.
• Post or threads from non-eligible members will be removed. Repeated violations will result in time off the site and could ultimately result in a ban from the site.
• Vendor listings in Shoppo are primarily up to the author. It can consist of as little as a link to the store, or go so far as to present a complete catalog listing, contact information, etc.
• Post titles must start with the name of the shop/company. Slogans, etc. may come afterwards.
• Post items that are ready to sell. No "Coming Soon" threads.
• When an item is sold out or no longer available, if specifically listed in the post, please update the thread to indicate what item/items are sold.
• Item for sale with restrictions, or where one member has to commit to a financial obligation through another member (pay to use), will not be sold on Hyphen's List.
• Members who consistently fail to comply with listing requirements can lose their right to post in Hyphen's List.
• Handle disputes privately. In the event of a dispute that cannot be handled between Oppos, please send a message to one of our Curator staff or tag @Curators in the thread.
• "Bump" posts within the thread are not permitted. Threads will be pinned in alphabetical order by post title.
• It is recommended not to post your email address or other contact information as plain text to avoid bots skimming the information.
• High-quality photos of what is being sold and other information beyond a simple link is recommended.
• Using PayPal: Never use PayPal's "gift" feature to purchase items on the site. If the only way a seller will "sell" is if the buyer acquiesces and uses the Gift choice, then, this may very well be a scam and buyers are warned. If you use PayPal's Gift feature, and the seller receives the funds, from PayPal's perspective, then you the buyer truly intended this as a "Gift" and PayPal will not attempt to collect from the seller no matter how much you protest. A gift is a gift. However, if you choose to use PayPal's other options to purchase an item, you have a limit of 45 days from the original date of purchase during which you may lodge a dispute and petition for a refund, or 60 days from the original date of purchase if paid by a Visa or MasterCard with your bank.
• Disputes must be handled privately. If there is a problem or issue, you must first work it out amongst yourselves via PM, email or other communication methods. Do not post in the open forums until you have contacted the OP to first attempt to resolve the issue. Only report poor sales IF you have no success in coming to an agreement.
• Poor Seller / Buyer Note: Any member who is a poor seller/buyer and is unwilling to resolve any issues will be placed on a time out or banned depending on the severity of the offense. This will not be a unilateral decision, but will be based on an assessment of the situation by the Curators.
• Monetary transactions take place outside of Oppositelock - no guarantee is made to the legitimacy or character of vendors. While we do what we can to promote excellence, we are not involved in the transaction and cannot offer support beyond the scope of this forum.
If you have any questions or feedback on these rules and guidelines, feel free to contact the Curators.