Rules and Guidelines for Member-to-Member Sales
Chariotoflove last edited by Chariotoflove
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS - MEMBER-SELLERS ONLY
• This sub-forum is for member-sellers only
• If you have something for sale, list it in this forum. No vendors or spammers!
• Vendors should participate in the ‘Shoppo’ area. Vendor threads in the Oppo to Oppo sales area will be moved to the correct category.
• Post or threads from non-eligible members will be removed. Repeated violations will result in time off the site and could ultimately result in a ban from the site. Please flag if you see anyone violating this rule.
• You must have 10 posts to sell parts on or participate in the For-Sale section of The Hyphen. To prevent spamming and scamming, we've adopted a 10-post minimum rule, before you may post-up or post-in any For Sale classified on these forums. These posts must be outside of the For-Sale section.
• Location of item must be listed in your title
• Ready-for-sale photos, of your items/vehicle, must be loaded to the site - Use the site's Manage Attachments process. External URLs and Linked Photos will be removed. We recommend multiple photos of the item/vehicle for sale. Be considerate of your fellow Oppos – the better you are able to represent what you are selling, the better experience it is for your fellow Oppo buyer.
• Failure to properly document your FS item, or to load ready-for-sale photos to the site within 24 hours, will result in the thread being closed and moved off-forum.
• Post a reasonable price. We are not eBay or an auction site, so "make an offer" is not acceptable. Reasonable price means that you have done some research and identified a fair price-point that will actually sell. Requesting "offers" without a reasonable starting point is essentially the same as requesting members to "bid" on your item(s). Listing intentional over-inflated pricing is also NOT allowed and will be subject to closure and warnings.
• Post items that are ready to sell
• Don't delete anything. Retain all original post information, e.g., listing information, photos, price(s), etc., if/when a part is Sold or is no longer available for sale. Keep all transactional information in the thread, including offer for the part(s), and acceptance of the offer by the seller.
• When an item is sold, please update the thread to indicate what item/items are sold.
• Item for sale with restrictions, or where one member has to commit to a financial obligation through another member (pay to use), will not be sold on The Hyphen.
• Members who consistently fail to comply with listing requirements can lose their right to post in Member Classifieds
Vehicle sales topics should begin with the following, followed by your pics and a detailed description:
Year, Make and Model:
Location: (City, State)
VIN: (optional but recommended)
Seller's contact info: (insert your email address here or state contact by PM)
• Use of "dibs", "I'll take it", or other "like" posts MUST BE followed immediately by PM with PayPal or other payment info
• Use PMs only to exchange payment or pickup/delivery information
• Discuss shipping/handling as part of the sale - make sure the item is delivered or shipped properly to the intended buyer
• Handle disputes privately. In the event of a dispute that cannot be handled between Oppos, please send a message to one of our Curator staff or tag @Curators in the thread.
POST SALE INFORMATION
• Using PayPal. Never use PayPal's "gift" feature to purchase a vehicle on the site. If the only way a seller will "sell" is if the buyer acquiesces and uses the Gift choice, then, this may very well be a scam and buyers are warned. If you use PayPal's Gift feature, and the seller receives the funds, from PayPal's perspective, then you the buyer truly intended this as a "Gift" and PayPal will not attempt to collect from the seller no matter how much you protest. A gift is a gift. However, if you choose to use PayPal's other options to purchase a vehicle, you have a limit of 45 days from the original date of purchase during which you may lodge a dispute and petition for a refund. 60 days from the original date of purchase if paid by a Visa or MasterCard with your bank
• Shipping/Handling may be part of the sale. Once an item/a vehicle is sold, the sale is not over. Making sure the item is delivered (or shipped properly and arrives to the intended buyer) is the responsibility of the seller unless other agreements have been reached.
• Disputes must be handled privately. If there is a problem or issue, you must first work it out amongst yourselves via PM, email or other communication methods. Do not post in the open forums until you have contacted the OP to first attempt to resolve the issue. Only report poor sales IF you have no success in coming to an agreement.
• Poor Seller / Buyer Note. Any member who is a poor seller/buyer and is unwilling to resolve any issues will be placed on a time out or banned depending on the severity of the offense. This will not be a unilateral decision, but will be based on an assessment of the situation by the moderators.
Want To Buy Threads
• Want To Buy threads are allowed and encouraged. WTB threads are subject to the same requirements as For-Sale threads. Members must meet requirements in order to post a WTB thread.
• Be specific in your title. Include your area (or state) in the title, as well as what you’re looking for. For example: WTB: (Chicago Area) 2005 Legacy GT Wheel Hub Bearing Assembly
• If looking for car parts, consider using part numbers in the thread.
• Once you have purchased an item, please post in the thread indicating that you’re no longer looking for the item/items.
If you have any questions or feedback on these rules and guidelines, feel free to contact the Curators.