Akio's Unfinished Kinja Drafts
AkioOhtori last edited by AkioOhtori
Hello The Hyphen! I've been meaning to do a long form test of this platform, but strangely been dreading it. No idea why. I think maybe my quota of "new stuff learning" has been filled for the week and my brain is recoiling at having to learn yet another platform.
Anyway, before I assume we lose access to our drafts folder, I figured I'd do a listing of what I started but never finished.
- The marathon wrenching on the D21 has concluded - 11/05/2020 - Wrap up post about my and Taylor's adventures with drum brakes, surprise body work, and clutch dampers. Didn't finish because I couldn't be bothered.
- Today in Life Firsts... - 10/13/2020 - I missed a flight for the first time. Didn't end up finishing it before getting on the next flight and couldn't be bothered after that.
- Some thoughts on Need For Speed after not playing it since 2010 - 10/10/2020 - I had some thoughts, but this was mostly a ramble about playing it while high on 4Loko back in 2010 and how I both do and do not miss that. Also Hot Pursuit is a little problematic now.
- Oppo "dumb" TV question - 9/27/20 - I wanted to buy a dumb TV, but discovered they don't exist anymore. Ended up with a 60" LG OLED TV that is sexy AF.
- Irritated by bike people (a rant) - 6/17/2020 - Ugh. Took one of my Hooptie bikes to a bike shop. They kept it for three days, did nothing to it, and felt like they were doing me a favor for not charging me for doing :checks notes: Nothing.
- To keep a spare battery, or to not keep a spare battery - 6/03/2020 - I donked up and ended up with a battery that I didn't need. Was trying to decide if it was worth keeping. For the $15 core charge or whatever, I kept it.
- Met my new coworkers this week - 2/13/2020 - Not sure why I didn't finish this one. TL;DR I got on a plane and like five of my new coworkers were sitting all around me. I knew why they looked like, but they didn't know what I looked like. I had no idea what to do so I just died. Nice guys.
- I did some paint stuff to the Jag and it was mostly successful - 1/27/2020 - Second attempt at going full Svend at some paint. It worked, but made for a boring post.
- Jaaaaaag Fixes - 11/22/2019 - Adventures in trying to fix the Jag's audio. Covered elsewhere.
- I don't usually bar crawl, but when I do I'm reminded why I don't usually bar crawl - 11/03/2020 - Went on a themed bar crawl for Halloween. (Remember when we could do that!?) It was bad. Bad service. Expensive drinks. Too loud. Much complaining.
- Untitled post about Donkey Kong - 10/09/2019 - I bought Tropical Freeze and compared it to the original DKCs. Overall I liked it.
- I got laid today! - 8/24/2020 - Coping post for when I got laid off. Hadn't even told my partner yet. Decided not to post it.
- Morning Shift - Car transaction prices - Wut? - 7/03/19 - Complaining that the average transaction price was like $33k and that made no sense to me.
- Motorized bike - What a pain in the... butt - 5/16/2019 - Uhh I stripped out some screws and lamented that this thing is a piece of shit.
- Untitled post about platidipping the Civic - 3/28/2019 - Not sure why I didn't post this one. Probably because the plastidip job on the Civic sucked and I don't really want to indulge from there.
- Volvo C30 Polestar - What do you want to know? (plus origin story) - 02/26/2019 - Post about buying my C30 Polestar LE. Good car. Didn't post because I couldn't be bothered to finish it.
- I don't have the guts to do a "real" off-road build - 3/19/2019 - Basically lamenting that I can't bring myself to spend the money or ruin a car in the ways required to do a real offroad or safari build. Shit is expensive.
- My Trip Emergency Kit - 2/18/2019 - List of thing things I keep in my "oh shit!" kit when taking a jankity car somewhere. Fiber fix, zip ties, rescue tape, bailing wire, etc. Turned out to be a lot of effort for a boring post.
- Lets stop making driving manual sound difficult - 8/20/2018 - I think the FP ran an article about manual dos and don't and I thought it was stupid. Driving a manual isn't hard and you aren't going to ruin things by not doing it perfectly 100% of the time.
- The Real Reason "Millennials" (Snake People) Drink at Home - 6/26/2020 - Complaining about how bars are noising, expensive, and have bad music. Funny in retrospect.
- No One wants your project! - a rant - 2/06/2018 - Ugh. Someone was complaining that no one wanted to buy his "95% complete" Saab 99 "race car" for show car money. He wanted premium money for it and basically it needed a new interior, cooling system, oil cooler, fuel injection and delivery, pedal box, and electrical. That isn't 95% done and it sure wasn't worth what he was asking.
- Does anyone carry a car flask? - 11/01/2017 - Post about car flasks. Couldn't make it not sound like I was an alcoholic, so I dropped it.
And that is it. My list of things I didn't feel like finishing over the years.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
WhoIsTheLeader last edited by
I didn't have many unfinished drafts. I had one I could never quite make not terrible about two door Explorers and a few other things I couldn't make readable but it was less than 5.
I honestly think almost all of these are great ideas but hard to make good.
Urambo Tauro last edited by
I have a (completely unfounded) hunch that our drafts might still be accessible after tomorrow- but we just won't be able to publish them.
But I'm not gonna take the chance. I still have a bunch that never got finished, and many that I actually want to polish up before posting. ...Which will probably happen here.
Snakesm13 last edited by
I almost talked myself into getting my wife a C30 Polestar. She couldn’t drive manual and the dealership wouldn’t let it leave the showroom floor. I always wonder if it would have been a good or bad decision.
derp last edited by
I don't know if I realized you'd made the jump over here. Glad to see you!
BritsnSwedes was MINIGTI last edited by
Re NFS, I used to play that quite a bit before my PS3 died the yellow light of death, also not long before my son was born. I still have it; I thought I might have time during the pandemic to get one of the repair kits — basically a heat gun. The processor on those gets so hot it unsolders itself from the MB.
BritsnSwedes was MINIGTI last edited by
@snakesm13 My wife would take it, she was bemoaning the automatic in our V60 today ha!