1997 Jaguar XJR: Cheap fixer-upper or great parts (Hinton, WV)
Black-Villain last edited by Black-Villain
Considering selling or trading my 1997 XJR. The engine and transmission work great, the interior is in very nice shape, but it has several cosmetic shortfalls.
- The paint is pretty well shot, the previous owner left it parked outside for years and it baked all of the clear coat on the horizontal surfaces off
- One of the tires on it currently is the spare/mismatched. I got a flat a few weeks ago and put the spare on it as I don't drive it often. So it'll probably need a set of tires to be roadworthy
- Rear windscreen is missing. Never got around to putting in a replacement as I just park in my garage. Windshield is also slightly cracked from a falling tree limb, although was recently replaced before the tree limb incident
- Bubbling starting at the rear of the rear wheel arches. Rest of the car is pretty much rust free underneath
- Infamous XJR TCS/ABS control box is corroded/failing and it triggers the light but does not affect the drivability of the car
- Needs a set of headlight lenses (might include some X308 spares)
- Slight hesitation when going suddenly full throttle, along with a high idle sometimes. Thinking probably a dirty throttle body, been dealing with my XJS so haven't looked into it. Runs fine if you roll into full throttle rather than quickly stabbing the pedal.
- Needs a valve cover gasket, serpentine belt can sometimes squeak on cold starts, could use a new belt at some point
- Two new fuel pumps and pump mounts
- Engine/drivetrain runs flawlessly, has never failed to start or left me stranded
- Interior is quite immaculate, minus the plastic seat belt hole covers on the tops of the rear seat, headliner isn't sagging and the sunroof works correctly
- Everything electrical on the interior works as it should, factory stereo, new disc changer and programming from Jaguar of Roanoke about 5 years ago
- No clunks or anything in the suspension, minus a squeak when stopped and going full lock (either the front disc dust backing shield or a fry tie rod end)
- Doesn't burn or leak oil (minus the aforementioned Valve Cover gasket), freshly changed as well
- New plugs (correct champion ones, appropriately gapped)
- A/C Works as it should
- Exhaust manifold isn't cracked, no exhaust leaks otherwise, stock exhaust system
- New Crank Position Sensor
I don't know what to ask for the car honestly. It's a rare XJR6, it does run and drive, the drivetrain and interior are fantastic, but it has a lot of cosmetic issues. I'm selling it because I was involved in an accident with my XJS and could use the garage space to work on it.
Feel free to shoot me an offer, I would also consider trading for an XJS/XJS Parts/XJS parts cars. Surely one of you oppos out there have one rotting in your yard
Taylor Martin last edited by
@black-villain I'll give you $500 to make it a LeMons car lol!
In all seriousness, this is a great project and I hope someone on here bites.
Black-Villain last edited by
@taylor-martin yeah, would be nice to see it go to a fellow Oppo. I threw up a post for the car on the Jag forum and have had some interest, so we'll see