Edd China new YT channel thoughts?
Edd China has re-emerged on youtube with new channel. I gave few episodes a chance, but he's got too many segments and none seem complete.
Anyone else watch him? He was pretty good at explaining stuff back on Wheeler Dealers.
@partypooper2012 I watched first 2-3 episodes. Not a huge fan. Too slow, pacing is off for me, reading viewers letters is boring for me... the section where he actually fixes cars is almost as good when he was on WD.
@musashi66 Exactly my thought. I don't need the viewers letters. If viewers knew a thing or two, they would be here asking questions.
@partypooper2012 Yup, questions so far have been to generic and not really answerable without proper diagnostics.
I basically want Wheeler Dealers without Mike - Edd gets a car and Edd fixes a car.
@musashi66 I can totally live without Mike. So much useless energy.
Edd has a chance here to do exactly that. Get a car. Fix a car.... I have a few vehicles and not a single vehicle is suffering from just ONE issue. They all have many. Small ones. Stupid issues I can live with till i get around to it... but many issues. His cars have even more. Work on cars and stop with tea and biscuits.
@partypooper2012 While he was trying to get that Range Rover to pass MOT, I had fun. Just more of that and I’d keep watching.
Have you tried Flipping Bangers? Season one playlist is on YouTube.
@musashi66 haven't yet. I'll give it a look.
Darkbrador last edited by
The good :
- the slow pace. No deadline or budget BS. It's nice to watch it on a Friday night with a glass of wine or three, falling asleep. (it happened at least twice already, I'm getting really old)
- low key, not any trailer queen here, just a rusty Rover and some oddball vehicles
The bad :
- Finish the projects you started, dang it ! (that's the OCD in me that speaks)
- Product placement. It pays the bills, I guess
- The electric ice cream van stuff, with too much high end equipment that's hard to relate, and seems that the whole record idea is fruitless
They seem to figure out the content of the show as they go, it can become a good show in the long run.
@darkbrador Here is hoping
It's going to be one of these:
Bonus Breadtube possibility